e3 2016 My Thoughts
What's up people's. I just wanted to share some of my thoughts on the show so far. Overall I think the show has been way better than last year's presentation. Microsoft and Sony both did great jobs overall and both came with their fair share of surprises. I am happy that the focus is on gaming and not console stats i.e. how many units were sold this year. There have been some new IPs shown that have certainly caught my eye and a few games that have completely left me confused and dumbfounded. Without further ado here are a few of the games that I am looking forward to in the coming months.
- Horizon Zero Dawn: This game got a sweet gameplay session during the Sony conference and there is a release date for this title, 2-28-17. The game looks amazing and I have to say that this will be a day one buy for me.
- South Park The Fractured But Whole: Yeah, if you saw Ubisoft's conference and are a fan of South Park you are more than likely going to pick this one up. I am really looking forward to this one.
- Steep: A new IP from UbiSoft that takes a an interesting look on downhill racing. When you have a chance check out the trailer its pretty dope.
- SpiderMan: Insominiac Games and SpiderMan, sign me up. They only showed a trailer during the Sony Conference but I am looking forward to what they do with this title.
- Tekken 7: Akuma is here and he's gunning for Heihachi Mishima. At least that's what I got from the new trailer that was shown. I am a fan of the Tekken series and I am looking forward to seeing how Akuma will fit in this game.
- ReCore: I fell in love with this game at e3 last year and I am glad that there was more footage shown this year. The game is shaping to be a pretty cool action adventure title from Microsoft.
- TitanFall 2: I liked the first game but I have to admit that I wished that it had a campaign mode. Well apparently the folks over at ReSpawn listened because TitanFall 2 will have a single player mode. I may have to pick this game up and give the Titans another go.
- God of War 4: Speaking of Titans, Kratos is back looking a little to much like Deimos in my opinion. What can I say I am happy see my favorite Spartan psychopath back in gaming. The game looks like it is set in Norse Mythology and that should make for an interesting experience.
That's my list of games that I am personally interested in, there have been more titles shown they just don't interest me as much as these do. The one game that had me scratching my head though was Kojima's new game, Death Stranding. That had to be the weirdest one to me. If you haven't watched it, its up on YouTube, check it out and let me know what you think. That's all from me for now peeps. Check out the Gamers @ Large channel to see our reactions to the conferences. Nintendo goes today so we will have that up on the channel as well. What do you think about e3 2016 so far? Let me know in the comments and thanks for reading.
Check out the Gamers @ Large Sony Conference Reaction