Nintendo Switch - What I'm Looking Forward To
Nintendo's newest console is set to release this coming Friday, March 3rd. While there are those with varying degrees of emotion toward the release I just wanted to give my thoughts on what I am looking forward to from Nintendo's latest console. Just so you know I am not trying to sway anyone, I hope that those who are reading this can make their own decision in regards to the Switch. If you are on the fence about the system do your own research that will help you make the best decision. Now that that's out of the way let's get to it shall we.
- Portability: One of the things that had my interest piqued from the initial reveal was the fact that gamers would be able to take their game anywhere. It's going to be great to take your game with you when you are out and resume the game when you get back to your TV.
- The Games: For me personally, Nintendo is home to my favorite gaming franchises. From the Legend of Zelda to Metroid and Kid Icarus, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and Splatoon as well. The list goes on and on. While some people may cry foul over the release and launch window titles, there are games that I plan on getting that will be keeping me busy for a least a few months.
- Size: I know this may not seem like much but I am glad that the system is compact. I have a Day One Edition XBox One and PS4 and they take up a considerable amount of space on my entertainment center. Looking at the size of the system just fits my needs perfectly.
- Versatility: One thing that I thought that the Wii U never got credit for was the sheer number of ways you could play most games on the system. The Switch appears to be keeping that trend going. According to the myriad of videos out there, the Switch will have a little something for everyone in terms of playstyle and control.
- Multiplayer Gaming: Not that I have anything against online gaming but some of the best fun I have when I am gaming is from being in the room with people. This is an area of gaming that has been left by the wayside and I am thankful that Nintendo still believes in multiplayer gaming with people in the home as well as online.
Well, those are just a few things that I am looking forward to when the Switch launches this Friday. What are you looking forward to? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for reading.
Switch Overview Trailer
Images via Nintendo and MiiTomo